Morgan Funeral Home was established in Advance, Missouri in 1929 by Lloyd S. Morgan. Lloyd graduated the same year from the St. Louis College of Mortuary Science. Morgan Funeral Home has been Advance’s first and only funeral home and has only been operated by members of the Morgan family.
Lloyd S. Morgan owned and operated the funeral home located at 317 Gabriel Street in Advance until his death in 1952. Lloyd’s children include: Lloyd S. “Jack”, William and Patricia. His sons; Jack and Bill followed in his footsteps into the funeral business. Upon his death his son, William H. Morgan, Sr. took over the business. His son Jack, opened Big and Friendly Morgan’s Furniture Store on the same block as the funeral home as well as The Flower Box.
William H. Morgan, Sr. or “Big Bill” as he was known, was a graduate of Advance High School and a 1947 graduate of St. Louis College of Mortuary Science. Big Bill proudly served in the U.S. Army and in WWII. He earned several medals and awards including three Bronze Stars during the war.